What is Ansible AWX - ansible awx
AWX is a modern web UI and API to manage your organization's Ansible Playbook, Inventories, Vault, and Credentials. It is the Open Source upstream project of the Ansible Automation Controller (formerly Ansible Tower).
What is Ansible AWX?
AWX is the Open Source upstream project of the Ansible Automation Controller, part of the Ansible Automation Platform (formerly Ansible Tower). It’s great to look at AWX to discover new features of the Automation Controller, but it has a different release cycle and support. I’m Luca Berton and welcome to today’s episode of Ansible Pilot.
Ansible AWX vs. Ansible Automation Platform
- Apache License 2.0
- Ansible Automation Platform is fully supported by Red Hat, whereas AWX is supported by the community
- new builds approximately every two weeks
Ansible AWX is the upstream project of Ansible Automation Controller (formerly Ansible Tower), providing a modern web-UI and API interface to manage Ansible Playbooks, inventories, Credentials, and Vaults between your team in your organization. The AWX source code is available under Apache License 2.0. Ansible Automation Platform is fully supported by Red Hat, whereas the community supports AWX. The current release cycle is approximately every two weeks for new builds; stability may vary.
The Best Resources For Ansible
- Learn Ansible Automation in 250+examples & practical lessons: Learn Ansible with some real-life examples of how to use the most common modules and Ansible Playbook
- Ansible by Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible For Windows By Examples: 50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
- Ansible For Linux by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples For Linux System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Linux Filesystem By Examples: 40+ Automation Examples on Linux File and Directory Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For Containers and Kubernetes By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples To Automate Containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Ansible For Security by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples to Automate Security and Verify Compliance for IT Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Tips and Tricks: 10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
- Ansible Linux Users & Groups By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples on Linux Users and Groups Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
- Ansible For Amazon Web Services AWS By Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your AWS Modern Infrastructure
Now you know what Ansible AWX is.Subscribe to the YouTube channel, Medium, Website, Twitter, and Substack to not miss the next episode of the Ansible Pilot.
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples in my
My book Ansible By Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and aws System Administrator and DevOps
Want to keep this project going? Please donate