Run and Stop Ansible AWX in Docker containers - Ansible AWX
How to start and stop the Ansible AWX modern web-UI and API interface and requirements PostgreSQL and Redis in Docker containers.
How to Run and Stop Ansible AWX in Docker container?
I’m going to show you how to start and stop the Ansible AWX in Docker containers. You can take advantage of the AWX modern web-UI and API interface. Running in Docker containers is recommended only for experienced users and developers. I’m Luca Berton and welcome to today’s episode of Ansible Pilot.
The Best Resources For Ansible
- CYBER DEALS at The Linux Foundation! Up to 65% off, and a FREE GIFT with EVERY PURCHASE! Limited Time, Don't Delay!
- Udemy: Learn Ansible Automation in 250+examples & practical lessons: Learn Ansible with some real-life examples of how to use the most common modules and Ansible Playbook
- Ansible by Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Cookbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Unleashing the Power of Ansible via Best Practices, Troubleshooting, and Linting Rules with Luca Berton
- Ansible For Windows By Examples: 50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
- Ansible For Linux by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples For Linux System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Linux Filesystem By Examples: 40+ Automation Examples on Linux File and Directory Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For Security by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples to Automate Security and Verify Compliance for IT Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Tips and Tricks: 10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
- Ansible Linux Users & Groups By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples on Linux Users and Groups Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
- Ansible For Amazon Web Services AWS By Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your AWS Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Automation Platform By Example: A step-by-step guide for the most common user scenarios
How to Run and Stop Ansible AWX in Docker containers. This requires Building from scratch Ansible AWX for Docker containers in a previous lesson.
Once you have a successful build of Ansible AWX for Docker containers, you can run the AWX container using the following command. The process is also spinning the requirements of PostgreSQL and Redis containers.
$ make docker-compose
Your session will be attached to the AWX container, and start watching for log messages and events in real-time when the container was launched.
The first time you start the environment, database migrations run in order to build the PostgreSQL initial database schema and data.
By default, six Docker containers are running on your machine:
You can verify the containers running in your system using the
docker ps command:
[lberton@ansible awx]$ docker ps CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES bce34be76a94 ghcr.io/ansible/awx_devel:HEAD "/entrypoint.sh rece…" 14 hours ago Up 2 minutes 22/tcp, 8013/tcp, 8043/tcp, 8080/tcp tools_receptor_2 c11c7c1114f1 ghcr.io/ansible/awx_devel:HEAD "/entrypoint.sh rece…" 14 hours ago Up 2 minutes 22/tcp, 8013/tcp, 8043/tcp, 8080/tcp tools_receptor_1 05589a6b6185 quay.io/ansible/receptor:devel "/usr/local/bin/dumb…" 14 hours ago Up 3 minutes 0.0.0.0:5555->5555/tcp, :::5555->5555/tcp, 7323/tcp tools_receptor_hop d9570e9d9027 ghcr.io/ansible/awx_devel:HEAD "/entrypoint.sh laun…" 14 hours ago Up 3 minutes 0.0.0.0:2222->2222/tcp, :::2222->2222/tcp, 0.0.0.0:6899->6899/tcp, :::6899->6899/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7899-7999->7899-7999/tcp, :::7899-7999->7899-7999/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8013->8013/tcp, :::8013->8013/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8043->8043/tcp, :::8043->8043/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8080->8080/tcp, :::8080->8080/tcp, 22/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8888->8888/tcp, :::8888->8888/tcp, 0.0.0.0:3000->3001/tcp, :::3000->3001/tcp tools_awx_1 c39fe279ecb2 postgres:12 "docker-entrypoint.s…" 14 hours ago Up 3 minutes 5432/tcp tools_postgres_1 820ebdc15a10 redis:latest "redis-server /usr/l…" 14 hours ago Up 3 minutes 6379/tcp tools_redis_1 [lberton@ansible awx]$
Access the Ansible AWX Web UI
The Ansible AWX Web-UI is available at the URL https://localhost:8043/. A successful connection with your browser is going to show you the following login screen ( https://localhost:8043/#/login ).
Access the Ansible AWX Web API
The Ansible AWX API is available at the URL https://localhost:8043/api/. A successful connection with your browser is going to show you the following API endpoint ( https://localhost:8043/api/ ). The Ansible AWX API is a Browsable API so easy to navigate via the browser. Please note that some API endpoints require authentication.
Now you know how to Run and Stop Ansible AWX in Docker containers.Subscribe to the YouTube channel, Medium, Website, Twitter, and Substack to not miss the next episode of the Ansible Pilot.
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples in my
My book Ansible By Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and aws System Administrator and DevOps
Want to keep this project going? Please donate