Introducing “Ansible Collab” - A New Era for Ansible Community Events
Empowering Community and Innovation: Unveiling the Future of Automation with Ansible Collab
Ansible has been at the forefront of automation and orchestration, revolutionizing how we manage systems and deploy software. Since its inception, the Ansible community has played a pivotal role in shaping its growth and evolution. Our journey through various events and summits has been nothing short of remarkable. Today, we are thrilled to announce the next step in this journey: the introduction of “Ansible Collab.”
The Evolution of Community Gatherings
The Ansible community’s voice has been echoing through the halls of Ansible Contributor Summits since 2016. These summits, an essential part of AnsibleFest, have fostered innovation and collaboration among our community members. With the onset of the pandemic, we seamlessly transitioned to virtual formats, ensuring our community’s spirit remained unbroken.
However, as times change and the community expands, so must our approach to gatherings. Notably, AnsibleFest has evolved and is now a segment of the broader Red Hat Summit. This shift calls for a new, more inclusive, and engaging format for our community events.
Introducing Ansible Collab
In 2023, we ventured into a new format with the Ansible Community Day, focusing more on user engagement alongside the Ansible Contributor Summit. Despite our best efforts, we noticed a certain overlap and confusion about the target audience for these events. We realized the need for a more unified and clear approach.
Therefore, in 2024, we are excited to roll out Ansible Collab. This initiative is not just another event on the calendar. Instead, it’s a synergistic platform that amalgamates the best of both the Ansible Contributor Summit and the Ansible Community Day. Ansible Collab is crafted for you — the vibrant, diverse community that drives Ansible. It’s a call to everyone involved with Ansible, from upstream enthusiasts to AAP (Ansible Automation Platform) users and from collection creators to seasoned project developers.
The Best Resources For Ansible
- The Linux Foundation Linux Performance Tuning - Build a broad toolkit to optimize Linux performance from the kernel up
- Coursera Pro - Unlimited access to 7,000+ world-class courses, hands-on projects, and job-ready certificate programs—all included in your subscription
- Udemy: Learn Ansible Automation in 250+examples & practical lessons: Learn Ansible with some real-life examples of how to use the most common modules and Ansible Playbook
Ansible For VMware by Examples
Ansible for Kubernetes by Example
Hands-on Ansible Automation
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
- Ansible by Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Cookbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Unleashing the Power of Ansible via Best Practices, Troubleshooting, and Linting Rules with Luca Berton
- Terraform By Example: A Practical Approach for Beginners to Learn Cloud Infrastructure with Terraform
- Ansible For Windows By Examples: 50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
- Ansible For Linux by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples For Linux System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Linux Filesystem By Examples: 40+ Automation Examples on Linux File and Directory Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For Security by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples to Automate Security and Verify Compliance for IT Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Tips and Tricks: 10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
- Ansible Linux Users & Groups By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples on Linux Users and Groups Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
- Ansible For Amazon Web Services AWS By Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your AWS Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Automation Platform By Example: A step-by-step guide for the most common user scenarios
A New Identity for Community Events
Ansible Collab aims to carve out a unique identity in the world of community events, mirroring the success of CentOS Connect and Flock to Fedora. It’s more than just a meeting or a conference; it’s a celebration of collaboration, innovation, and the shared passion for Ansible.
We envision Ansible Collab as a dynamic, inclusive, and interactive platform, facilitating deeper connections, learning, and growth within the community. Whether you are a beginner, a contributor, or a thought leader in the Ansible ecosystem, Ansible Collab is the place to be.
Join Us at the Inaugural Ansible Collab
We are eager to embark on this new chapter with you. The first Ansible Collab is scheduled to take place shortly in the beautiful city of Ghent. It promises to be an event brimming with energy, insights, and opportunities to network and collaborate.
Stay tuned for more details, and mark your calendars. Let’s come together to shape the future of automation and orchestration with Ansible. See you at Ansible Collab in Ghent on 7th February 2024!Subscribe to the YouTube channel, Medium, and Website, X (formerly Twitter) to not miss the next episode of the Ansible Pilot.
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples in my
My book Ansible By Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
Want to keep this project going? Please donate