Install Ansible for Mac Universal (Intel Chip and Apple Silicon) using Homebrew in macOS Monterey
How to install the latest release of Ansible and its dependencies using Homebrew Package Manager in macOS 12.6 Monterey.
How to Install Ansible for Mac Universal (Intel Chip and Apple Silicon) using Homebrew?
Homebrew is an incredible package manager for macOS, allowing you to install and maintain up-to-date software easily.
I’m Luca Berton and welcome to today’s episode of Ansible Pilot.
Ansible is available as package “ansible” in Homebrew Package Manager for Mac Universal (Intel Chip and Apple Silicon)
lberton@Lucas-MBP ~ % brew install ansible Running `brew update --auto-update`... ==> Auto-updated Homebrew! Updated 1 tap (homebrew/core). ==> New Formulae highway You have 1 outdated formula installed. You can upgrade it with brew upgrade or list it with brew outdated. ==> Downloading https://ghcr.io/v2/homebrew/core/ansible/manifests/6.4.0 Already downloaded: /Users/lberton/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/d0e2c11f4aa8bcabca08e582a38531b294bba158e761cd4058f9d4a98029475d--ansible-6.4.0.bottle_manifest.json ==> Downloading https://ghcr.io/v2/homebrew/core/ansible/blobs/sha256:0a173d0d505628d07 Already downloaded: /Users/lberton/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/8b047b2c1cc2bf0f7df03f22f0a78d5d971620e195e7bdcfc7b954448ac781fc--ansible--6.4.0.arm64_monterey.bottle.tar.gz ==> Pouring ansible--6.4.0.arm64_monterey.bottle.tar.gz 🍺 /opt/homebrew/Cellar/ansible/6.4.0: 28,126 files, 347.7MB ==> Running `brew cleanup ansible`... Disable this behaviour by setting HOMEBREW_NO_INSTALL_CLEANUP. Hide these hints with HOMEBREW_NO_ENV_HINTS (see `man brew`). lberton@Lucas-MBP ~ %
The Best Resources For Ansible
- Udemy: Learn Ansible Automation in 250+examples & practical lessons: Learn Ansible with some real-life examples of how to use the most common modules and Ansible Playbook
- Ansible by Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible For Windows By Examples: 50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
- Ansible For Linux by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples For Linux System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Linux Filesystem By Examples: 40+ Automation Examples on Linux File and Directory Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For Containers and Kubernetes By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples To Automate Containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Ansible For Security by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples to Automate Security and Verify Compliance for IT Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Tips and Tricks: 10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
- Ansible Linux Users & Groups By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples on Linux Users and Groups Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
- Ansible For Amazon Web Services AWS By Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your AWS Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Automation Platform By Example: A step-by-step guide for the most common user scenarios
% ansible --version ansible [core 2.13.4] config file = None configured module search path = ['/Users/lberton/.ansible/plugins/modules', '/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules'] ansible python module location = /opt/homebrew/Cellar/ansible/6.4.0/libexec/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ansible ansible collection location = /Users/lberton/.ansible/collections:/usr/share/ansible/collections executable location = /opt/homebrew/bin/ansible python version = 3.10.6 (main, Aug 30 2022, 04:58:14) [Clang 13.1.6 (clang-13188.8.131.52.5)] jinja version = 3.1.2 libyaml = True lberton@Lucas-MBP ~ %
Now you know how to install Ansible for Mac Universal (Intel Chip and Apple Silicon) using Homebrew in macOS.Subscribe to the YouTube channel, Medium, Website, Twitter, and Substack to not miss the next episode of the Ansible Pilot.
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples in my
My book Ansible By Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
Want to keep this project going? Please donate