How to install Ansible in Ubuntu 20.04 - Ansible install
How to install Ansible in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using the universe and PPA repositories.
How to install Ansible in the latest Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Today we’re going to talk about the easier way to install and maintain Ansible inside ubuntu 20.04 with the distribution tools. I’m Luca Berton and welcome to today’s episode of Ansible Pilot.
How to install Ansible in Ubuntu 20.04
Today we’re talking about How to install Ansible in Ubuntu 20.04? We’re going to see the easy way to install and maintain Ansible inside Ubuntu with the distribution tools. We are going to see how to install Ansible in two different ways. The first method to install Ansible is using the universe repository, the default that you get after installation.
The main advantage of using the universe repository is that you don’t require any external repository. And the second method to install Ansible is using the PPA repository. Please bear in mind that adding additional repositories have different quality assurance of software.
The Best Resources For Ansible
- Learn Ansible Automation in 200+examples & practical lessons: Learn Ansible with some real-life examples of how to use the most common modules and Ansible Playbook
- Ansible For VMware by Examples: A Step-by-Step Guide to Automating Your VMware Infrastructure
- Ansible by Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible For Windows By Examples: 50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
- Ansible For Linux by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples For Linux System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Linux Filesystem By Examples: 40+ Automation Examples on Linux File and Directory Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For Containers and Kubernetes By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples To Automate Containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Ansible For Security by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples to Automate Security and Verify Compliance for IT Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Tips and Tricks: 10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
- Ansible Linux Users & Groups By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples on Linux Users and Groups Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
- Ansible For Amazon Web Services AWS By Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your AWS Modern Infrastructure
Are you ready to make your hands dirty? Let’s jump in a quick live demo of how to install Ansible in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with universe and PPA.
#!/bin/bash sudo apt update sudo apt install ansible
#!/bin/bash sudo apt update sudo apt install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository --yes --update ppa:ansible/ansible sudo apt remove ansible sudo apt install ansible-base
code with ❤️ in GitHub
Now you know how to install ansible using universe and PPA repositories in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Subscribe to the YouTube channel, Medium, Website, Twitter, and Substack to not miss the next episode of the Ansible Pilot.
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples in my
My book Ansible By Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
Want to keep this project going? Please donate