Highlights from Ansible Community Newsletter - Issue #127
Welcoming the New Year with Ansible Insights
The latest issue of the Ansible Community Newsletter, Issue #127, brings a plethora of updates and insights as we step into 2024. It’s a hub of information for Ansible enthusiasts, offering a comprehensive look into what’s new and what’s next in the world of Ansible.
Key Dates and Events to Watch
The newsletter outlines crucial dates for the community, including meetings like the DaWGs and Community WG, and important deadlines for content submission. It also highlights upcoming releases like Ansible-Core 2.16.3 and Ansible 9.2.0, as well as key events such as FOSDEM 2024 and CfgMgmtCamp 2024.
Major Updates and Releases
Significant updates include the archiving of the ansible/community repository, and a host of project and collection updates. The AWX Project, known for its web-based UI and REST API on top of Ansible, announced its latest release with notable features such as TLS certificate authentication for HashiCorp Vault.
The newsletter also covers updates from various collections like ibm_zos_core, purestorage.flashblade, community.hashi_vault, and more. These collections bring new modules, enhancements, and address critical changes in ansible-core.
The Best Resources For Ansible
- The Linux Foundation Linux Performance Tuning - Build a broad toolkit to optimize Linux performance from the kernel up
- Coursera Pro - Unlimited access to 7,000+ world-class courses, hands-on projects, and job-ready certificate programs—all included in your subscription
- Udemy: Learn Ansible Automation in 250+examples & practical lessons: Learn Ansible with some real-life examples of how to use the most common modules and Ansible Playbook
Ansible For VMware by Examples
Ansible for Kubernetes by Example
Hands-on Ansible Automation
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
- Ansible by Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Cookbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Unleashing the Power of Ansible via Best Practices, Troubleshooting, and Linting Rules with Luca Berton
- Terraform By Example: A Practical Approach for Beginners to Learn Cloud Infrastructure with Terraform
- Ansible For Windows By Examples: 50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
- Ansible For Linux by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples For Linux System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Linux Filesystem By Examples: 40+ Automation Examples on Linux File and Directory Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For Security by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples to Automate Security and Verify Compliance for IT Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Tips and Tricks: 10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
- Ansible Linux Users & Groups By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples on Linux Users and Groups Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
- Ansible For Amazon Web Services AWS By Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your AWS Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Automation Platform By Example: A step-by-step guide for the most common user scenarios
Community Contributions and Opportunities
The Ansible community is always looking for contributors, and the newsletter provides information on where to find easyfix or good first issues. It’s a call to action for those wanting to contribute but unsure where to start.
Community Tools and Comparisons
An interesting highlight is the comparison between Spotter and Ansible Lint, illustrating how these tools complement each other, enhancing the Ansible experience.
Engaging with the Community
Lastly, the newsletter invites members to the 15th Ansible Zürich meetup and encourages participation in community discussions and events.
Issue #127 of the Ansible Community Newsletter is a testament to the vibrant and evolving nature of the Ansible community. It’s packed with information beneficial for both seasoned professionals and newcomers to Ansible.
For more detailed insights, you can read the full newsletter here.Subscribe to the YouTube channel, Medium, and Website, X (formerly Twitter) to not miss the next episode of the Ansible Pilot.
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples in my
My book Ansible By Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
Want to keep this project going? Please donate