Create Ansible AWX superuser in Docker containers - Ansible AWX
How to create the Ansible AWX "sysadmin" superuser and verify the credential in the web-UI and API using the awx-manage command line utility in Docker containers.
How to Create an Ansible AWX superuser in Docker containers?
Ansible AWX superuser has the power to configure all the settings and has unlimited power inside the modern web-UI and API interface. I’m going to show you how to create your first superuser and how to use it. I’m Luca Berton and welcome to today’s episode of Ansible Pilot.
The Best Resources For Ansible
- CYBER DEALS at The Linux Foundation! Up to 65% off, and a FREE GIFT with EVERY PURCHASE! Limited Time, Don't Delay!
- Udemy: Learn Ansible Automation in 250+examples & practical lessons: Learn Ansible with some real-life examples of how to use the most common modules and Ansible Playbook
- Ansible by Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Cookbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Unleashing the Power of Ansible via Best Practices, Troubleshooting, and Linting Rules with Luca Berton
- Ansible For Windows By Examples: 50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
- Ansible For Linux by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples For Linux System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Linux Filesystem By Examples: 40+ Automation Examples on Linux File and Directory Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For Security by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples to Automate Security and Verify Compliance for IT Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Tips and Tricks: 10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
- Ansible Linux Users & Groups By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples on Linux Users and Groups Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
- Ansible For Amazon Web Services AWS By Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your AWS Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Automation Platform By Example: A step-by-step guide for the most common user scenarios
How to Create Ansible AWX superuser in Docker containers. I’m going to show you how to create the “sysadmin” superuser in Ansible AWX via Docker containers and how to use it in AWX web-UI and API. Ansible AWX admin user enables you to access the Ansible AWX Web-UI and the Ansible AWX API endpoints that require authentication. The user creation is performed using the docker exec command using the awx-manage utility:
$ docker exec -ti tools_awx_1 awx-manage createsuperuser
A successful execution to create the
example user as follows:
[lberton@ansible awx]$ docker exec -ti tools_awx_1 awx-manage createsuperuser Username: example Email address: [email protected] Password: Password (again): Superuser created successfully. [lberton@ansible awx]$
Once a superuser is successfully created you can access the Ansible AWX Web-UI and Ansible API autenticated endopoints.
Ansible AWX UI Login
Ansible AWX UI Dashboard
Ansible AWX API Login
The direct API endpoint is https://localhost:8043/api/login/.
Ansible AWX API Authenticated
The current authenticated user is shown in the top Logged in as example.
Now you know how to create an Ansible AWX superuser in Docker containers.Subscribe to the YouTube channel, Medium, Website, Twitter, and Substack to not miss the next episode of the Ansible Pilot.
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples in my
My book Ansible By Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and aws System Administrator and DevOps
Want to keep this project going? Please donate