Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023: A Recap of a Memorable Conference
Code, Tech Enthusiasts and Innovators in Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
Yesterday (20th September 2023), I attended and presented the highly anticipated Ansible Community Day in Berlin, and it did not disappoint. The event was a delightful blend of tech talks, networking, and community bonding, making it a memorable experience for attendees. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the highlights and experiences of this event.
The Perfect Venue
The Ansible Community Day took place at the C-base, one of the oldest hackerspaces in Berlin, nestled along the picturesque Spree River. The event’s location provided a unique and relaxed atmosphere, complete with a garden where attendees could unwind and connect with fellow enthusiasts. The C-base team’s warm hospitality added to the overall positive experience, making everyone feel welcome.
As any tech-savvy individual knows, documenting experiences through photos is a must. The event offered plenty of photo-worthy moments, and attendees, including myself, captured some of the event’s highlights to share with the broader community.
A community day is only as good as its content, and this year’s Ansible Community Day delivered on that front. The agenda, available on the newly established Ansible forums, was packed with insightful talks delivered by industry experts. Here’s a glimpse of some of the standout presentations:
- Welcome to Ansible Community Day by Carol Chen
- Ansible Community Strategy 2023: The Half-Year Update by Greg Sutcliffe
- Automation Good Practices by Eric Lavarde and Moritz Schoenwetter
- Migrating from AWX/Ansible Tower to Ansible Controller using Config as Code approach by Silvio Perez Torres, Ivan Aragones Muniesa, Adonis García Castro
- Enhancing Ansible Open Source Projects with Steampunk Spotter by Anže Luzar and Nejc Slabe
- Ansible in a Devcontainer: entire arista.avd ecosystem in a sealed bottle by Petr Ankudinov and Patrick Mathy
- From Zero to Hero: How to build the Ansible Pilot Community by Luca Berton
- Ansible — The hard way by Daniel Schier
- AaaS — Automation as a Service by Eric Lavarde and Moritz Schoenwetter Personally, I found the discussions on “Ansible Good Practices” and the “Ansible in a Devcontainer: entire arista.avd ecosystem” particularly fascinating, shedding light on innovative approaches and strategies within the Ansible ecosystem.
- Meeting Petr Ankudinov from Arista Network at Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
- Meeting Kai and Sebastian from Freie Universität Berlin at Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
- Meeting Eric Lavarde and Moritz Schönwetter Automation Architects from Red Hat at Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
- Meeting Carol Chen the Open Source Community Architect at Red Hat at Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
- Meeting Greg Sutcliffe of Red Hat at Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
- Meeting Daviel Schier Open Source Engineer at Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
- Meeting David Forster Site Reliability Engineer at RELEX Solutions at Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
- Meeting Anže Luzar of XLAB Spotter at Ansible Community Day Berlin 2023
Recordings for Posterity
For those who couldn’t attend the event in person or missed the livestream, worry not! Several recordings of the talks, including yours truly taking the stage, are available on YouTube. These recordings offer a chance to dive into the details of the discussions and gain valuable insights from the speakers.
A heartfelt shoutout to Carol Chen and Greg Sutcliffe for their exceptional efforts in organizing this event. Their unwavering support and dedication to the Ansible community were truly commendable. The C-base team also deserves kudos for creating a conducive environment for learning and networking.
The Best Resources For Ansible
- CYBER DEALS at The Linux Foundation! Up to 65% off, and a FREE GIFT with EVERY PURCHASE! Limited Time, Don't Delay!
- Udemy: Learn Ansible Automation in 250+examples & practical lessons: Learn Ansible with some real-life examples of how to use the most common modules and Ansible Playbook
- Ansible by Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Cookbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Unleashing the Power of Ansible via Best Practices, Troubleshooting, and Linting Rules with Luca Berton
- Ansible For Windows By Examples: 50+ Automation Examples For Windows System Administrator And DevOps
- Ansible For Linux by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples For Linux System Administrator and DevOps
- Ansible Linux Filesystem By Examples: 40+ Automation Examples on Linux File and Directory Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For Security by Examples: 100+ Automation Examples to Automate Security and Verify Compliance for IT Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Tips and Tricks: 10+ Ansible Examples to Save Time and Automate More Tasks
- Ansible Linux Users & Groups By Examples: 20+ Automation Examples on Linux Users and Groups Operation for Modern IT Infrastructure
- Ansible For PostgreSQL by Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your PostgreSQL database
- Ansible For Amazon Web Services AWS By Examples: 10+ Examples To Automate Your AWS Modern Infrastructure
- Ansible Automation Platform By Example: A step-by-step guide for the most common user scenarios
Looking Forward to the Future
As the Ansible Community Day drew to a close, one sentiment lingered — anticipation for the next event. Connecting with like-minded individuals and industry experts was undeniably a pleasure. Personally, I am excited to further collaborate with the Ansible community, particularly in areas like Automation Good Practices and Ansible Forum. These topics promise exciting developments and innovative solutions that will undoubtedly shape the future of Ansible. It was a great opportunity to say hi to some Ansible friends, meet new ones, and share opinions about the Ansible projects.
In conclusion, the Ansible Community Day in Berlin was an extraordinary event filled with valuable insights, passionate discussions, and a sense of camaraderie that only a thriving tech community can offer. As we eagerly await the next installment, let’s continue to learn, grow, and collaborate within the Ansible ecosystem.Subscribe to the YouTube channel, Medium, Website, Twitter, and Substack to not miss the next episode of the Ansible Pilot.
Learn the Ansible automation technology with some real-life examples in my
My book Ansible By Examples: 200+ Automation Examples For Linux and Windows System Administrator and DevOps
Want to keep this project going? Please donate